Owning a refrigerator to organize your food items and products is a common practice but many lacks on the knowledge of organizing the fridge itself. Making the full use of every shelves and drawers of your fridge while keeping in mind the temperature requirement of the food item is very important. So here we are with some secrets that can make you the master of the art of organizing food in your appliance, it all starts with:
1. The Strategy: It all starts with a plan and the plan is to store your food according to its nature. Plus using the shelves and drawers available in your appliance smartly. The strategy should be designed according to the requirement of temperature and humidity by the particular food item. One more thing that plays a role in the storage of food is its packing and the packing should be made with careful calculation of available space it should not occupy much room.
2. The Packaging: One of the major parts of storing food in the single door refrigerator is its packaging, as it can determine the freshness of the food plus how long it is going to stay like that. The type of packaging material is also an essential factor. We suggest that fruits and vegetables should be either stored in loose plastic packaging or without any packaging to keep them fresh for longer. Similarly, the leftovers should be stored in the air-tight container keeping their aroma and flavor intact. Now comes the challenging part of storing drinks and dairy products these products should be stored in a spill-proof container saving you from messy accidents!
3. The Labeling: Organizing is a peculiar task in itself but it is the process to make our life easier and better, the same is the importance of labeling while organizing even a single door refrigerator. Try to label as many products as you can label after packing them. It is not only going to help you stock them better but also going to provide ease to other users of the appliance.
4. The Stocking: When you are organizing your single door fridge with all the steps mentioned above you finally arrive at the most important step i.e. stocking. Every food product has its own temperature and humidity requirement so they should be stored accordingly. The vegetables should be stored in high humidity drawer whereas the fruits should be stored in the low humidity draw or crisper. The dairy products and eggs should be stored in the coldest shelves of the fridge and raw meat should be stored in the freezer. The best place for drinks and condiments are the doors and now for the leftovers, they should be stored in the middle or top shelves.
5. The Usage of unused spaces: Even after following all the above steps you feel that space is not enough in your single door fridge, then don’t worry we will make you find some more space in the same appliance. There are some unused spaces always remaining in the fridge and you are not aware of them. The walls of your fridge are magnetic so you can store condiments in little magnetic containers and stick them to it, giving you more space for storage. The shelves on the door can be used as additional hanger for food products.
So being a little smart and organized is always helpful and guys believe us you can save on those big bucks too and making the same easier for you is the wide range of refrigerators from Intex. With great energy efficiency ratings of their appliances, Intex is providing you with the best of the lot!